Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sunny the Duck

This is Sunny the Duck...McKenzie's classroom pet. It was her turn to bring Sunny home to care for her over the weekend. It is one of those "Fur Real" toys so it has a bottle and it quack when you feed it, it's really cute. At the end of the weekend you have to help them write a few sentences about their weekend with Sunny then at the end of the year they have a book about Sunny and all her adventures. As you can tell McKenzie has a great teacher that is very creative. The funnest part about this duck is that on night last week she was telling me about Sunny the duck and how she had to bring it home and take care of it and that the duck was their pet at school. I thought is was just another on of McKenzie's stories so I told her what ever I think you're crazy.....then Thursday when I pick her up and she had Sunny the duck and her teacher told me that it was her weekend to take care of Sunny. Life lesson..sometimes it's not a bad idea to listen to your 4 year old she's not always making up some silly story.

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea!! How fun for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny! my boys had a ball with her on the way to school Tuesday morning

    ReplyDelete
  4. well well maybe you should learn to listen. Sometimes it's hard when you have a story teller I never know what to believe when chance tells me stuff about school. too cute. mckenzie is a little mother hen

    ReplyDelete